I wrote this small batch file to simplify the initial WordPress core files download. Basically this batch file does the following:
- Uses wget to download the latest version of WordPress. (http://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz)
- Unzips the .tar.gz and .tar to a /wordpress subdirectory using 7zip
- Uses ROBOCOPY to move those resulting files up to the current directory and delete the unneeded /wordpress directory.
- Deletes the .tar.gz and .tar core files.
- Renames wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php.
Save these commands in a .bat file or just run them directly in the command window from the directory you’d like to download the WordPress core files to:
wget64 http://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz 7z e latest.tar.gz & 7z x latest.tar robocopy wordpress ./ /MOVE /E del latest.tar del latest.tar.gz ren wp-config-sample.php wp-config.php